An at-home spa wouldn’t be complete without some cool, luxurious products and gadgets. Some of our Top 8 products are for those with higher budgets, but most satisfy even the most budget-conscious shoppers.
- Massage Chair: A pricey investment, but a massage chair is worth it if you’re spending a great deal on professional massages. Chair maker Inada offers some of the most stylish designs with all the newest technologies included, such as calf and foot massage, and body scanning technology to customize the massage to each user.
- Hot Steam Shower and Sauna: A combo steam shower and sauna offers the ultimate at-home spa experience. Di Vapor is one of the manufacturer behind such products. Their models feature a mix of wet and dry heat, a programmable steam generator and a hot rock sauna stove.
- Skin Care Devices: Products such as Pretika’s OxySonic offers the experience of a facial at home. OxySonic has a microdermabrasion facial brush with a hydrating oxygenated mist. It hydrates skin while removing debris and resurfacing skin. The product manufacturer claims it minimizes lines, wrinkles and pores, while also preparing the skin so it can better absorb other skin care products.
- Towel Warmer: Ever experienced the sensation of a warm towel on your face or body after a shower? Especially when it’s chilly outside? With a towel warmer, you’ll achieve an extra level of relaxation after every bath or shower. Big box home retailers such as Lowe’s are among the many retailers who offer towel warmers.
- Aromatherapy Diffuser: Such products release an ultrafine mist into the air, with smells which create an calming effect. Some models include other features such as a MP3 player, and most models cover an entire room and run for several hours. Retailers including Puritan’s Pride and Sharper Image offer full lines of diffusers.
- Sound machine: Sound machine products such as these from Homedics play calming background noises. Sound options include thunder, ocean rain and white noise. They are guaranteed to offer relaxation, at a level causing most to enter a deep state of relaxation or you may even drift off to sleep.
- Bath Towels: An at-home spa wouldn’t be complete without soft, plush bath towels. Good Housekeeping rates Macy’s Hotel Collection as the best in super luxurious bath towel options. They are absorbent, quick-drying and look good even after multiple washes.
- Walk-in Tub: And last but not least, we wouldn’t leave out a large segment of our population. For the aging population or those with mobility issues, walk-in tubs have been around for awhile, but more manufacturers are including additional features in their models suited to the user’s needs. One such feature is the air bath system (included on these models from American Standard), which helps increase circulation for those with diabetes or others with poor circulation.
- Keep up with J. Thompson Builders on Facebook and Twitter.
- Learn more about J. Thompson Builders, J. Thompson Restoration, J.T. Unique, Asset Inventory Protection and visit our Custom Home Gallery.
Photo Credit, Dennis Wong